Detroit Prep is eager to find dynamic, passionate people to help us shake up education in Detroit. Is that you?
Lead Teacher (2018-2019)
Special Education Teacher (2018-2019)
Classroom Assistant (2018-2019)
Teaching Fellow (2018-2019)
Arts Instructor (Music) (2018-2019)
Arts Instructor (Visual Arts) (2018-2019)
Foreign Language Teacher (2018-2019)
School Bus Driver (2018-2019)
In the 2017-2018 school year, Detroit Prep will serve 100 kindergarten through second grade students . Our work is urgent and focused on providing a holistic education for each of our students. Our model is designed with diversity in mind—we draw students from all backgrounds, and we practice equity in all we do to ensure that every student in Detroit has access to and receives an exceptional education that prepares them for a lifetime of choice and opportunity.
We are looking for extraordinary leaders and learners to join our team who:
- Teach to give students a strong foundation of academic excellence,
- Foster the social-emotional and character development of young learners,
- Build a love of learning in all students,
- Engage families as partners in our students’ education,
- Commit to constant learning, reflection, and improvement of their own practice,
- Bring their passions and personalities to school every day,
- Thrive in a start-up environment, and
- Are committed to equity and the belief that all children in Detroit can reach their full potential as learners, leaders, and world-changers.
We understand the value of having teammates that reflect the diversity of our students and their families. We strongly encourage leaders of all backgrounds and identities to apply.
To apply, please fill out the form found below and e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Why working at Detroit prep is Awesome
- DP offers generous health, dental, and vision benefits packages.
- DP contributes to employee retirement plans
- DP provides up to $500 annually in reimbursable Wellness Funds (for anything that employees consider wellness -- a bike, yoga, anything!)
- DP supports the innovation, creativity, and ideas of our staff and will do what we are able to do to support our staff as they pursue these ideas and goals
- DP/GVSU offers DP teachers up to half reimbursement for courses toward a Masters Degree from Grand Valley State University
- DP serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner made from healthy, fresh ingredients every day
- At DP, there are weekly student early release days to allow teachers time to plan & collaborate